FEAST OF THE TABERNACLES (SUKKOT) 2020 – OXFORD, NC
The Great Awakening Hebrews to Negroes International in conjunction with the family of Great Awakening Assemblies will be celebrating the Feast of the Tabernacles October 2-October 10. Sukkot 2020 will be hosted by Moreh Elder Asa & Morah Lisa Demessie and the Great Awakening Assembly North Carolina. We celebrate this feast by not doing any servile work on the 1st or 8th day of the feast (no work) and having Holy Convocations in which we come together with worship service and feast for 8 days. The Family of Great Awakening Assemblies will be celebrating the first day of the Feast of the Tabernacles together at Retreat Oak Hill in Oxford, North Carolina October 2-4, 2020.
During the Retreat, you will be trained by our leaders. They are dynamic, fun presenters who teach biblically and Hebraic-centered and professional-sound concepts. Our Speakers are:
- Ron Dalton Jr.
- Elder Eddie Stallworth
- Dr. Michael Laws
- Elder Jimmy Sauls
- Elder Clarence Jones
- Elder Asa Demessie
- Moreh William Johnson
- Moreh K. Brinton Cook
- Elder Maurice Wilson
Elder Asa Demessie
Elder Eddie Stallworth
Dr. Kenneth Howard
Ronald Dalton Jr.
Dr. Michael Laws
Moreh K. Brinton Cook
Elder Jimmy Sauls
Elder Clarence Jones
Moreh Maurice Wilson
Dr. William Johnson
$165.00 per person
Free for Ages 5 & Under
Registration fee includes a 3 day and 2-night sleeping accommodations, all meals, snacks, and activities.
Your registration includes the following:
- 2 Night 3 Day Stay
- All Meals and Snacks Included
There will be:
Celebrations for the entire family to enjoy:
- Family Feast Days
- Sleep in a Sukkah or Cabin
- Outdoor Celebrations & Worship Sing-alongs
- Biblical Teachings
- Feast Meals
- Bonfires under the stars
- Swimming /Recreational Activities
- Campfires under the stars
- Men & Women Only Cabins
- Biblical Teachings
- Sabbath Gathering
- Feast Meals
Camp Oak Hill is nestled near Oxford, N.C., just an hour north of the Raleigh-Durham area, we are far enough to get away from everything but close enough to be convenient for a short retreat.
Camp Oak Hill
1528 Oak Hill Road
Oxford, NC 27565
All participants of Sukkot 2020 will be staying in cabins. The 12 cabins can accommodate 225+ overnight guests at Camp Oak Hill in air-conditioned, traditional sleepaway camp-style cabins. Each cabin includes bunk beds with twin sized mattresses as well as dressers.
The Sukkot 2020 Weekend Event will run from Friday afternoon through Sunday morning.
Friday October 2, 2020
- 12:00-3:00pm Arrival, Check-In, and Fellowship
- 3:00-4:00pm Sukkah Teachings A / Harvest Tables
- 4:00-6:00pm Families Set up Sukkahs in destinated areas
- 6:00-7:00pm Dinner and Fellowship
- 7:00-8:00pm First Day Teaching B / Blessings for Lulav
- 8:00-8:35pm Break
- 8:30-9:30pm Family Games / Dancing
- 9:30pm Bonfires under the stars / Worship Sing-a-longs
Saturday October 3, 2020
- 8:00-9:00am Breakfast
- 9:00-9:45am Fellowship Time
- 10:00-12:00pm Sabbath Gathering
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00-4:00pm Free time
- 4:00-5:00pm Workshop C & D
- 5:00:6:00pm Workshop E & F
- 6:00-7:00pm Dinner
- 8:00–10:00pm Night of Worship
Sunday September 20, 2020
- 8:00-9:00am Breakfast
- 9:00-10:00am Corporate Prayer
- 10:00am-12:00pm Lake Immersions
- 12:00pm Departure
Having Fun while observing Yahuah’s Feast Days are an integral part of Sukkot 2020! These activities provide opportunities for a range of interests and abilities.
Volleyball is always a fun way to learn new skills and build teamwork. That’s why we have 4 different volleyball nets at Camp Oak Hill. You can play in the gym, on sand, in grass, or even in the pool.
Located in their historic gym, many a good basketball game has happened there. Other fun gym games include dodgeball, wall-ball, four-square, knockout, relay races and volleyball!
Ultimate Frisbee, soccer, lacrosse, kickball, Spikeball, football, softball, tennis, and more!
Arts & Crafts
You never know what will be created during arts & crafts. Decorate Sukkahs or make Sukkot bracelets are often a favorite, and fun to create!
Freedom of Choice (FOCs)
Each participant has the “freedom of choice” to select from a variety of options offered by the campgrounds on their talents and passions. Past options have included: acting/drama, gardening, bench-making, drumming, water step aerobics, a variety of sports and more!
Ahhh, the most relaxing (or most intense) part of Sukkot 2020. No matter how you’re feeling the front lawn is perfect. Whether it is relaxing in a rocking chair enjoying the view and sitting on the dock fishing or leaping into the gaga pit for another round of fun or trying to become king in nine-square-in-the-air!
The newly-built pool, features “full-court” water basketball, volleyball, and a pair of water slides! A favorite feature is that it’s no more than 4ft deep everywhere, making the pool loads of fun even for smaller participants.
SUKKOT 2020 PACKING LIST
The following is recommended based on Friday-Sunday stay at Sukkot 2020. Please adjust as needed.
- 1 blanket (lightweight)
- Full & Twin size sheet set
- 1 pillow w/ pillowcase
- 1 laundry bag (NO plastic bags)
- Bath towels + 1 lake/pool towel
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Soap & Shampoo
- Shower Shoes (flip-flops work well)
- 4 changes of underwear
- 4 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of shorts/gym shorts
- 2 sets of clothes to get really dirty in
- 1 poncho or raincoat
- 1 pair tennis shoes/sneakers
- 1 pair water shoes/flip-flops
- 2 swimsuits (one-piece or tankini that covers midsection)
- Optional: sunglasses
- Optional: 1 set of “nice” clothes, such as Polo/khakis, sundress, etc. to wear on closing night
- Insect Repellant
- 1-2 Washable Face Masks
- Optional: Water Bottle
- Optional: Fishing equipment, camera