According to Lifeway Research, most African Americans (62%) say they are not familiar with the teachings of the Awakening, a movement that contends black are the physical descendants of the ancient Israelites. Few (4%) consider themselves to be a Hebrew.
That means majority of African Americans are void in their understanding of their connection to the people of the scriptures and how biblical history is uniquely their history. Most African Americans lack settings where they can hear biblical scholarship that corrects false doctrines learned in Christian settings.
An increasing number of African Americans are growing more skeptical of Christianity and longing for a deeper truth. Although black Americans still tend to be more religious than the general population, those under 30 are three times as likely to leave the Christian Church.
Christian culture continues to uphold infused syncretism, pagan practices, immortality and white supremacy—even within black churches. Therefore, there’s not a more urgent time to developed Awakened Messianic Assemblies worldwide then now.
These awakened individuals are increasing the demand for local gatherings in cities across America that provides a viable alternative to the systems of Christianity. An option where the gospel of the Kingdom is still the focal point of the community, where they can hear the sound doctrine of the Scriptures, places that augments their spiritual growth and environments that create genuine fellowship and worship opportunities.
There is a crucial need to establish awakened assemblies and ministries worldwide dedicated to continue to awaken the disperse of Israel in cities and rural communities where they live.
Assemblies that offers a place that makes every effort to root out the error that has crept into modern worship and return to the paths of pure worship through cutting-edge music, generation-specific worship arts and Torah-centered teachings.
There’s a high demand for these Assemblies and places to gather because a percentage of African Americans are leaving pagan Christianity by the droves and are awakening to their true identity as Hebrews. They are being awakened everyday, returning to Torah, following of the Commandments, becoming shrewd scholars and exegetes of the Scriptures, preaching the Gospel of Kingdom the way the Messiah instructed, and are dispelling centuries of regurgitated doctrinal lies that Christianity and Islam forced on our people.
People have more access to knowledge and are discovering the inconsistencies of Christianity. They are searching the scriptures for themselves finding answers to age-old questions where the Christian Church has failed to produce sufficient answers. Additionally, through research, manuscripts, historical documents they are discovering their Hebrew heritage.
Assemblies where they can remember the Commandments and observe the weekly Sabbath, just as the Savior, as well a Paul and the Apostles. Assemblies where they can feel encouraged to abolish pagan holidays (Christmas, Easter) and observe the Holy Days commanded in the scriptures without being judged or looked at differently.
A high percentage of people are lost and have never heard the Gospel or the Awakening. The Word of the Gospel of the Kingdom must be preached without all the paganism associated with Christianity. Assemblies provides African Americans and others spiritual command centers to preach the authentic gospel in their geographic settings.
Another percentage are bond by ball and chain to Christianity and it’s man-made regurgitated dogmas. Their cognitive dissonance refuses to let them see the error of modern Christianity and will blindly defend the error tooth and nail. They have heard of the Awakening but strong delusion rejects the truth in order to protect centuries of embedded religious illusions. Assemblies help keep these people engaged on a personal level in hopes that one day, with the leading of the Holy Spirit, they will awaken from their spiritual stupor.
A percentage have heard the gospel but never heard of the Awakening, the truth of the scriptures or what role their ancestors played in the scriptures. Assemblies that offers education and training in the exploration of the contributions, genealogy, history and prophesies concerning dispersed Negroes in the Bible and how the many African Bantus tribes played an integral part in the history and development of Israel as a nation.
An increasing number are divorcing the syncretism systems of the Christian church, yet they are still deeply spiritual and need genuine places of fellowship. They often feel alone considering that they may think they’re the only one in their area that is awakened. An assembly provides those in specific areas to become aware of others in that particular geography that are on the same journey. A place where they can meet up, fellowship and grow in the faith.
The Harvest is indeed plentiful for those who are lost, still bound by the paganism of Christendom and those who are awakened.
Matthew 9:37-38 “Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore Yahuah of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.”
The Great Awakening H2N International Assemblies Initiative is a group of morehs (hebrew-centered teachers) and awakened Hebraic assemblies that believes that establishing local assemblies will augment the awakening to the dispersed of Israel. Together, we exist to launch, connect and equip awakened assemblies, and their morehs/leaders around the world. We accomplish this through combining our resources together to provide order, opportunity and oversight to Israelite assemblies worldwide, start new assemblies, encourage healthy assembly growth and join forces with other Israelite networks. We provide our Mishpacha assemblies with access to the relationships, tools and environments they need to be effective in leading assemblies.
The purpose of the Great Awakening Assemblies division is to assist in providing order, oversight, and opportunities for assemblies, ministries, outreaches and learning institutions that have a desire. It provides the following distinct goals:
- Planting assemblies and ministries worldwide dedicated to awakening the disperse of Israel in cities and rural communities where they live.
- Develop intense leadership training, workshops, and resources of interest to assembly planters and assist these called and qualified teachers and pastors through assessment, mentoring, training, funding, and relationship.
- To provide a spiritual accountability for assemblies, morehs, morahs, pastors, and those in full or part-time ministry.
- To provide fellowship opportunities between assemblies and ministries of the Great Awakening
- To provide instruction, wisdom, and/or advice to the leaders associated with the Great Awakening.
- To distribute communiques educating the assembly attendees in various areas of in the awakening.
- To make mobilization of the assembly a functional reality and not just a theoretical construct
- Develop a roundtable for accountability, sharing, and dialogue for Pastors, Teachers (Morehs) and Para-Assembly Leaders that has being birth out the Great Awakening or those who chooses to be in relationship with the Great Awakening. Facilitating a point of connection for providing (order), (opportunity) and (oversight).
- Organize an annual conference for Great Awakening assemblies, morehs/pastors, affiliates and assembly leaders for the purposes of Holy Convocation and to raise a standard of excellence in their ministries.
- Send convoy teams throughout the nations to establish believers in present day truth through discipleship, conferences, citywide crusades, seminars and local assembly meetings.
- Develop a partnership with proven foreign missions ministries for the purpose of bringing holistic services and foster self-sufficiency to underdeveloped and deprived nations where the disperse of Israel are through “feed the hungry” programs, clothing, educational materials, and establishing Hebraic-centered schools.
- To fulfill both the great commission of reaching the disperse for the Kingdom while demonstrating relational love for all people.
- Be instigators of promoting unity, reconciliation and leadership training amongst the Hebrew Community
- Develop evangelistic (awakening) strategies that redirect the lives of community dwellers toward kingdom purpose.
Mission of Great Awakening Assemblies
- Reawakening the Dispersed (Is. 11:11-12)
- Redeeming the Lost (Mt. 10:6)
- Recovering the Hebrew Faith (Jude 1:3)
- Reclaiming Original Heritage (Jer. 17:4)
- Representing Light unto the Nations (Is. 49:6)
- Remembering the Commandments (Deut. 8:1-2)
- Reinforcing the Gospel of the Kingdom (Mt. 24:14)
- Restoring Unadulterated Truth (Eph 1:13-14)
“The Great Awakening Assemblies is a family of messianic spirit-filled assemblies throughout the world established to Reawaken the dispersed of Israel and Redeem the lost to Recover the Hebrew origins of the faith and Reclaim original heritage, while Representing as a light unto the nations by Remembering the Commandments of the Scriptures, Reinforcing the Gospel of the Kingdom and Restoring unadulterated truth.”
Why Should You Be Part Of The Great Awakening Mish’pacha (Family)?
- Because No One Should Plant an Assembly or Do Ministry Alone.
- Because We Are Better Together.
- Because The Local Assemblies Are Key To Spreading The Awakening
- We can accomplish more together!
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
- 9Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: 10If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
- Proverbs 11:14
- Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
- Judges 18
- 7 Then the five men departed, and came to Laish, and saw the people that were therein, how they dwelt careless, after the manner of the Zidonians, quiet and secure; and there was no magistrate in the land, that might put them to shame in any thing; and they were far from the Zidonians, and had no business with any man.
- 8 And they came unto their brethren to Zorah and Eshtaol: and their brethren said unto them, What say ye?
- 9 And they said, Arise, that we may go up against them: for we have seen the land, and, behold, it is very good: and are ye still? be not slothful to go, and to enter to possess the land.
- Laish (a Hebrew derivative of Leshem for “invader,” and also the word for Philistine). Laish was fortified with hulking man-made earthen ramparts that protected the city, but the Danites took it (Judges 18:29-30) because the Laish people were not connect to something bigger than themselves. The Great Awakening recognizes the importance of the need for assemblies that are not islands but are interdependent on each other.
- Relationship is Key!
- The Great Awakening believes in the strength of relationships. We believe that no one should do ministry or life alone and that we are better together. Assembly planting can have some tough days and you will need people that believe in you and your vision for planting awakened Israelite assemblies. With a strong “mish’pacha” culture and a solid network around the country, our morehs will have the opportunity to build those relationships that are crucial for them personally.
- Are You Called to Plant a Great Awakening Assembly?
- “He handed out gifts of apostle, prophet, evangelist, and pastor-moreh to train Yahusha’s followers in skilled servant work, working within Mashiach’s body, the assembly, until we’re all moving rhythmically and easily with each other, efficient and graceful in response to Yah’s Son, fully mature, fully developed within and without, fully alive in HaMashiach.” Ephesians 4:11-13
- Like any opportunity for ministry, there should be a season for discerning Yah’s call in one’s life for Assembly planting. Starting a new Assembly is a specialized kind of ministry that requires deep personal and communal discernment along with an assessment of one’s capabilities, spiritual gifts, personality traits and dispositions.
- The task of the Great Awakening is not to question a person’s call to ministry but come alongside them to help them discern if Yah might be calling them to Assembly planting in the Awakening Movement. Some steps you are encouraged to take in your discernment include:
First of all, spend time in prayer and in conversation with your spouse and family. Ask Yah to guide you in your discernment. Assembly planting, like all of ministry, is a Yah-calling-thing. Not everyone has the calling, disposition or behavioral characteristics required for this kind of ministry.
Fill out an interest application below