The Great Awakening Assemblies Initiative is a group of morehs (hebrew-centered teachers) and awakened Hebraic assemblies that believe that establishing local assemblies will augment the awakening to the dispersed of Israel. Together, we exist to launch, connect and equip awakened assemblies, and their morehs/leaders, around the world. We accomplish this through combining our resources together to provide order, opportunity and oversight to Israelite assemblies worldwide, start new assemblies, encourage healthy assembly growth and join forces with other Israelite networks. We provide our Mishpacha assemblies with access to the relationships, tools and environments they need to be effective in leading assemblies.
The purpose of the Great Awakening Assemblies division is to assist in providing order, oversight, and opportunities for assemblies, ministries, outreaches and learning institutions that have a desire. It provides the following distinct goals:
- Planting assemblies and ministries worldwide dedicated to awakening the disperse of Israel in cities and rural communities where they live.
- Develop intense leadership training, workshops, and resources of interest to assembly planters and assist these called and qualified teachers and pastors through assessment, coaching, training, funding, and relationship.
- To provide a spiritual covering for assemblies, morehs, morahs, pastors, and those in full or part-time ministry
- To provide fellowship between members assemblies and ministries of the Great Awakening
- To provide credentialing and ministerial licensing and ordination to Hebrew Leaders.
- To provide instruction, wisdom, and/or advice to the leaders associated with the Great Awakening.
- To distribute a monthly letter educating the assembly members in various areas of in the awakening.
- To make mobilization of the assembly a functional reality and not just a theoretical construct
- Establish collegiate ministries on college campuses across North America that provides Hebrew fellowship, leadership and Spiritual development to college students.
- Develop a roundtable for accountability, sharing, and dialogue for Pastors, Teachers and Para-Assembly Leaders that has being birth out the Great Awakening or those who chooses to be in relationship with the Great Awakening. Facilitating a point of connection for providing (order), (opportunity) and (oversight).
- Organize an annual conference for Great Awakening assemblies, pastors, affiliates and assembly leaders to raise a standard of excellence in their ministries.
- Administer “Project Timothy” which provides ongoing fellowship, Apostolic oversight, training, development, support and network to young Hebrew leaders between the ages of 18-40.
- Send convoy teams throughout the United States as well as other nations to establish believers in present day truth through conferences, citywide crusades, seminars, and local assembly meetings.
- Develop a partnership with proven foreign missions ministries for the purpose of bringing holistic services and foster self-sufficiency to underdeveloped and deprived nations where the disperse of Israel are through “feed the hungry” programs, clothing, books and educational materials, and establishing Hebraic-centered schools.
- To fulfill both the great commission of reaching the disperse for the Kingdom while demonstrating relational love for all people.
- Be instigators of promoting unity, reconciliation and leadership training amongst the Hebrew Community
- Develop evangelistic strategies that redirect the lives of community dwellers toward kingdom purpose.
Mission of Great Awakening Assemblies
- Reawakening the Dispersed (Is. 11:11-12)
- Redeeming the Lost (Mt. 10:6)
- Recovering the Hebrew Faith (Jude 1:3)
- Reclaiming Original Heritage (Jer. 17:4)
- Representing Light unto the Nations (Is. 49:6)
- Remembering the Commandments (Deut. 8:1-2)
- Reinforcing the Gospel of the Kingdom (Mt. 24:14)
- Restoring Unadulterated Truth (Eph 1:13-14)
“The Great Awakening Assemblies is a family of messianic spirit-filled assemblies throughout the world established to Reawaken the dispersed of Israel and Redeem the lost to Recover the Hebrew origins of the faith and Reclaim original heritage, while Representing as a light unto the nations by Remembering the Commandments of the Scriptures, Reinforcing the Gospel of the Kingdom and Restoring unadulterated truth.”
Why Should You Be Part Of The Great Awakening Mish’pacha (Family)?
- Because No One Should Plant an Assembly or Do Ministry Alone.
- Because We Are Better Together.
- Because The Local Assemblies Are Key To Spreading The Awakening
We can accomplish more together!
9Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: 10If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
7 Then the five men departed, and came to Laish, and saw the people that were therein, how they dwelt careless, after the manner of the Zidonians, quiet and secure; and there was no magistrate in the land, that might put them to shame in any thing; and they were far from the Zidonians, and had no business with any man.
8 And they came unto their brethren to Zorah and Eshtaol: and their brethren said unto them, What say ye?
9 And they said, Arise, that we may go up against them: for we have seen the land, and, behold, it is very good: and are ye still? be not slothful to go, and to enter to possess the land.
Laish (a Hebrew derivative of Leshem for “invader,” and also the word for Philistine). Laish was fortified with hulking man-made earthen ramparts that protected the city, but the Danites took it (Judges 18:29-30) because the Laish people were not connect to something bigger than themselves. The Great Awakening recognizes the importance of the need for assemblies that are not islands but are interdependent on each other.
Relationship is Key!
The Great Awakening believes in the strength of relationships. We believe that no one should do ministry or life alone and that we are better together. Assembly planting can have some tough days and you will need people that believe in you and your vision for planting awakened Israelite assemblies. With a strong “mish’pacha” culture and a solid network around the country, our morehs will have the opportunity to build those relationships that are crucial for them personally.
Are You Called to Plant a Great Awakening Assembly?
“He handed out gifts of apostle, prophet, evangelist, and pastor-moreh to train Yahusha’s followers in skilled servant work, working within Mashiach’s body, the assembly, until we’re all moving rhythmically and easily with each other, efficient and graceful in response to Yah’s Son, fully mature, fully developed within and without, fully alive in HaMashiach.” Ephesians 4:11-13
Like any opportunity for ministry, there should be a season for discerning Yah’s call in one’s life for Assembly planting. Starting a new Assembly is a specialized kind of ministry that requires deep personal and communal discernment along with an assessment of one’s capabilities, spiritual gifts, personality traits and dispositions.
The task of the Great Awakening is not to question a person’s call to ministry but come alongside them to help them discern if Yah might be calling them to Assembly planting in the Awakening Movement. Some steps you are encouraged to take in your discernment include:
- First of all, spend time in prayer and in conversation with your spouse and family. Ask Yah to guide you in your discernment. Assembly planting, like all of ministry, is a Yah-calling-thing. Not everyone has the calling, disposition or behavioral characteristics required for this kind of ministry.
- Fill out an interest application below