The Elders Council is to be responsible for the governance of Great Awakening H2N International finances and operations and to serve as the corporation’s Board of Directors, having charge of all matters pertaining to Articles of Incorporation, all documents of legal organization, property, and finances of the Great Awakening H2N International. The Elders Council shall exercise all corporate powers subject to the provisions and limitations of these bylaws and any other applicable laws.
The Elders Council of the Great Awakening H2N International is that body authorized to serve in a pastoral role and direct the spiritual life of the units of the Great Awakening. This Council shall consist of Elders appointed by the Council itself, subject to affirmation by the Moreh Council. All Great Awakening H2N International Elders are deemed seasoned Zaqens and installed by the Great Awakening during a Consecration Service.
The Zaqen Council restructuring will comprise of  seasoned elders that are affiliated with the Great Awakening. The New Zaqen Council will be selected by the guardians of the Great Awakening. Therefore, the Zaqen Council functions will serve in an advisory capacity to Guardians. The Zaqen Council will meet on a regular monthly basis or on a needs basis to provide input, coaching, wise counsel, and accountability regarding issues that may arise in the Great Awakening.
- Zaqen Council members will be selected by the Guardian Visionaries.
- Selected Zaqens will only serve in an advisory capacity to the Guardian Visionaries.
- The number of Zaqens that serves on this Council will be reduced from 12 to 6 participants to better serve the interest of the Great Awakening.
- All participants must sign a Confidentiality Waiver and Code of Conduct Form.
- Any leader within the GA may carry the title of Zaqen but not are selected to serve on the Zaqen Council. An inactive role on the Zaqen Council does not diminishes the role of a GA Zaqen in any shape, fashion, or scope.
- Zaqen Council will help determine the qualification of who is labeled as a Zaqen in the Great Awakening.